button

Saturday, July 27, 2013

#plants

With an unexpected arrival in April, paired with the aftermath of HELLP syndrome and a forever lost pup, my green thumb turned somewhat to the dark side. (Sorry Farmer Dad and Yard Guru Husband.) I didn't get any plants started from scratch this year. Luckily a few of the bushes in our yard flower annually and most of our landscaping is of the perennial nature. I have upped the ante the past few weeks and got a few plants up and going. Things just seem a bit more pleasant to the eye and one can breathe a little easier (literally!) when plants are around.


Spring Snowcrab Tree
These little ditties were at the zoo.
Had to grab a shot -- I love them.


Purple Hearts and Hebe



 
 


My Nikko hydrangeas are in full bloom. Most of the flowers are supposed to be blue, but the soil acidity has created more purple and pink ones than last year. Now if I could only figure out a way to make them look like hydrangea and smell like plumeria... Perhaps next year's feat...

No comments:

Post a Comment