button

Monday, October 14, 2013

My Little Ankylosaurus



About 3 weeks ago we attempted to feed Cullen rice cereal. No matter what consistency, made with milk or water, he absolutely hated it. I'm talking lips glued shut, head turning, hand batting hated it. I started making (and freezing) pureed vegetables for Cullen's debut as a herbivore. The go-live date came and we have completed our two weeks of sweet potatoes--he LOVES them. Up to bat will be carrots, on deck peas and in the hole are apples and bananas. It was recommended we start with veggies because the fruits are so much sweeter and tastier. He's eating 2 veggie meals and 7 bottles per day.

I like making his food because I know exactly what's in it and how fresh it is. I'm not against keeping a jar or two in the travel bag for emergencies, but I'm going to make his food as long as I can keep up! I got a great little Magic Baby Bullet blender and accessories to make the stuff as a Christmas gift from my mom -- pretty handy. Making Cull's food makes me more aware of what I'm making for our dinners too.

PEAS !

No comments:

Post a Comment