button

Monday, April 29, 2013

Four Weeks of Emotional Happiness



Dedicated to Loryn Thomas
Miss you lil scooter ;*)
 
 
Cullen is eating from a bottle and growing like a weed. He is at a gestational corrected age of 36 weeks. "Coming Home" talk has begun at the hospital. They use the term lightly to keep our hopes from getting too high, but just knowing the time is close has me jumping out of my shorts! He has a checklist of things he must pass before getting out. He has to continue to gain weight on his own, maintain a good temperature outside of the incubator, be off tube feeding, have no alarms (no heart rate drops, keep a good O2 status, remember to breathe when chowing down on food) and be able to pass a carseat test -- sitting up in a car seat for 2 hours without any alarms. (Premature babes have a tendency to lean their heads too forward in their carseats which kinks off their breathing. Luckily, Cullen has been throwing his head around non-stop and is strong in this area, so I think we'll be good to go!!)
Cullen is 4 weeks old today. I believe this day calls for CUPCAKES!
I've already been up to the hospital once this morning to snap a few photos. Tyler and I are going back tonight to get some shots with the Husker football. I'm really, really looking forward to it. (pics to come, of course!)


My mom left to go back home to Hawaii today. We had a really great couple of weeks. Lots of baby talk, shopping, hanging with my sis, plans and memories made. Her help around our home was amazing. We got to celebrate Mother's day a bit early by going to breakfast with my brother and sister. They actually included me in the day. (I forgot I get to celebrate too this year!) It was so nice.
I had a sad moment when mom was heading toward the airport terminal, but decided we'd get something on the calendar ASAP so things wouldn't seem so sad. (My mother in law taught me this, and it works!) It's funny the great talents and twists each mother (mine and Tyler's) can bring to our lives. They both have wonderful ideas, trustworthy advice and so much support in their hearts you wouldn't believe it. AND they both *love* Mr. Cullen so much. I love watching them love on him!


My HELLP syndrome is slowing disappearing. I feel better each and every day. Tyler helps me through the tough days and demands nap taking. I love him with all my heart and am so grateful he's been my rock through the tough situations that have come about over the past few weeks. How is a girl to repay him? (I know what my friend HH would say.. love her.. lol)
Once again, it's goodie time.

gr

1 comment:

  1. Cupcakes for sure today! What a big guy! Having known you for the last 7 years or so and now seeing you and Tyler as parents... You are both so amazing and these posts bring me to tears cause I can feel the love for each other and for Cullen. Gonna try to visit the little guy this week and party Saturday! I mean hes not a pup. :)

    ReplyDelete