button

Sunday, November 3, 2013


I'm pretty behind on blogging about the fantastic lives we're leading. We've recently joined the YMCA (and our health insurance is now paying for part of the membership -- BONUS!!) We're busy making some plans for baptisms and birthday parties, and our parents will be visiting oh-so-soon. We cannot wait!

Here is our past week or so in photos:
 
1. The Chuckwagon Sandwich
I saw this on the shelf at the Hyv and about lost it. I used to eat these things all the time over lunch in high school with a Pepsi. Just an FYI: the sodium in this bad boy is 1070mg ( If you're not up to speed on the daily intake requirements, they're 2300mg for people under 51 and 1500mg for people over 51.) Yeeeah, steer clear of the chuckwagon. LOL !

BAD NEWS BEARS !
 
2. Landon Day
Cullen's friend, Landon, came over to visit and have supper with us. This is the smartest toddler I've ever met. He used the words "hippopotamus" and "Mississippi" while conversing over pasta. Love him. Oh, he also ate a sleeve of Ritz crackers AND a brownie sundae after the pasta. (Kid, can I please borrow your metabolism?!)



3. Cullen's First Boo-boo
Mr. Man had a little fall and got his first chin scrape. He handled it like a trooper. (Sent his parents over the edge in panic, but he was great!)
 
CHIN BOO BOO

4. Halloween
By far my favorite Trick-or-Treaters were the Dynamic Duo Myles and Mason. They even pit stopped at our house for a bit and helped me hand out candy. We ended up handing out about 130 candies and had to shut our lights off at 8:15 because there were a million kids coming down the sidewalk and we were out!


QUICK! TO THE BATCAVE!
OUR FIRST HALLOWEEN
5. The Landscape
Our yard is in full effect again. The spring always brings an amazing show, but this fall is proving to be a good one too. The bushes are red, the leaves around are the coolest oranges, yellows and browns and my mums are a pretty sweet maroon.






 6. This Old McDonald doesn't live on a farm E-I-E-I-O
     But he won't for the life of me look at the camera E-I-E-I-O
     There's a doggie here, and some red flowers there...
     Here a bird, there a car, everything preoccupies him,
     This Old McDonald doesn't live on a farm E-I-E-I-O.

BABY OVERALLS MAKE ME HAPPY


Today's early service talked about not trying to keep up with the expensive physical graces of life and to focus on filling our hearts with the free grace of God. It's a good thought to keep around in one's mind as the holidays approach.

Stay healthy, everyone!
gr

No comments:

Post a Comment