button

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

dessert for thought...

My dad took me out for a late night snack the other night when he was in town. I had a gigantic piece of cherry pie, and I can't stop thinking about pie now. *CUE THE LATEST PREGO CRAVING*

Stopped up to the labor and delivery department this morning to hear little guy's heartbeat with the magic heartbeat stick. Always a great way to start the day around 5 in the morning. A solid beat in the 140's with the third trimester days away.
This week we picked out a chair for the baby's room. (Turned out to be an actual recliner rocker instead of the swivel glider I thought I wanted.) There's something to say about comfort over cosmetics when it comes to something I'm going to be spending so much meaningful time in. Tyler actually fits comfortably in this one too, so that's an added bonus. After chair shopping we met some friends for lunch since we were in Omaha and met their little gal, Allie, for the first time. (Way overdue...) She's quite the heart melter.
After lunch Tyler and I headed home and had long discussions about baby names, how lucky we are to have good friends, and how excited we were for May to come along so we could meet my liver kicker. As time goes on, I seem to be forgetting the goods and the not-so-greats of being pregnant. I just want to remember everything I can about this little person from the start.

People tell me
That I should
Discuss the great
And not-so-good
On the down
Is lack of sleep
Long awake nights
No dreams away deep
Bigger "girls"
(wait! is this bad?!)
Not according
To your dad!
 
Sickness lurked
It was tough to work.
I may have even
Been a jerk :(
I forget about
The tough part already
For my pregnancy
Has been harmless and steady
 
Our doctor is great
She lives down our street
She's got kids of her own
I'm sure you will meet
Heartbeats and photos
Our miracle in frames
Our biggest problem now
Is sifting through names
Looking back
The beginning wasn't bad
Especially seeing
The excitement from your dad
You bring smiles already
Happiness galore
I love looking and shopping
In every single store
My hair is strong
My skin is good
If I could keep this forever
I surely would!
My legs don't get hairy
My belly is round
Can't tie my shoes
But now I sleep sound (with a million pillows that is!)
Frozen fruit, cereal,
Baked potatoes and such
Haven't touched beef
But love sweet pickles so much
Naps are my friend
You love them too
We're planning a room
with brown, white and blue
The anticipation kills me
At every day's start
You're daddy's boy
This melts my own heart

1 comment:

  1. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. You are a poet and I didn't know it!!

    ReplyDelete