The pancreas plays an important role in digestion of any sort. The moment food or water hits the mouth, it goes into action. Which, everytime Lor threw up, he'd sip some water -- making the situation worse throughout the night. Super sad I didn't know what the heck was going on in that little body otherwise I would have taken the H2O elsewhere...
![]() |
| (Thanks to enpevet for the photo) |
By morning, I knew something bad was going on by the way the night had gone and also by the way little (big) brother Camden was acting around us--very depressed and cautious. The vet, Dr. Anderson, gave it his all knowing this dog has been my child for seven years, and it would be impossible to put him down without trying something. I was torn. Loryn's personality is the best. He's smart (and knew the whole time what was going on) and he's the sweetest thing. How could I even think of putting him down? Tough, tough decision. Over the course of four days, and upwards of $700, with sub q fluids (shots of saline under the skin), eventually IV fluids once they could find a vein on day 2, and strong antibiotics, the white hairy kid came back. He finally started solid food this week, as opposed to rice gruel, and plays tag with Camden once again. He's back -- I love him.
|
| Finally home :) - IV wound and all :( |




Wow how scary!!! Glad the little fur baby is back and better!
ReplyDelete