button

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Weekend Warrior

Friday after work I had a quick baby appointment -- we're doing every two weeks now. The kid looks great; right on schedule and breech at the moment. Heart rate is 140 bpm. The doc said she'd been up all night delivering babies and hadn't slept yet. (I could tell she wasn't lying because we only got two photos this time instead of 6! She wanted outta there!) The photos weren't extrememly clear, so I'll get some posted next time. After the doc, some co-workers threw me a little lunch party for little mr. baby rains. I walked in to the most hilarious cake (my biggest craving) a BAKED POTATO. *Huge belly laugh. It took her many a cake shops to find one that would attempt it. I had a great time with some great gals, not to mention endless salad and lemonade.



After lunch I headed out to see my dad and his pull tractor at the first official pull of the year. Captain Hook debuted without issue. I'm always so proud to see how many people support and love him. He's such a good guy--basically a chip off my grandpa's block with his own uniqueness added on. Here's a photo from last year's season. I failed to snap a shot on Friday, but 'Hook looks just as good this year!


Saturday I was asked to work hockey. (I quit in February, but they were mighty short on help) so I got to visit everyone and make some dough at the same time. It ended up to be a great night! Money was good, I felt great all night, and it was nice to catch up with all my hockey friends!

Mandy's 30th bday was today, so we met for lunch at Granite City. I stayed away from the amazing brunch buffet, but had a delish chicken chopped salad, and Mandy shared her bday dessert. Came home and ended up beginning what I believe may be called nesting. Tyler napped away, I cleaned and gave Lor a bath aaaaaand now I think I'll have a naughty snack and watch tv the rest of the night ;)

 
gr

No comments:

Post a Comment